Turn on more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Serving UC Merced through Stewardship, Accountability and Excellence
Sign In

Surplus Property Request

To submit a Surplus Property Request, use the following link. Your request will be routed for approval. When your request is approved, Equipment Management will forward surplus tags and a memo providing further instructions.
If you prefer, you can download asurplusrequestform.docxsurplusrequestform.docx. List all items being sent to Surplus on the form – use multiple forms if necessary. Please indicate if the item is working or not. After the form is completed send it to the Equipment Management Department at the Mondo Building or scan it to surplus@ucmerced.edu. After the Equipment Management Department has received the approved Surplus Property Form, a surplus tag will be assigned to each item. Tags will be forwarded to the requestor along with a memo providing further instructions. The surplus operation will submit a work order to the Facilities Department, and Facilities will contact the requester to make arrangements to move the items to the surplus property storage area. The Facilities Department will not pick up any items that are not tagged – be sure tags are affixed to the items you want picked up.

Hazardous Materials

If your surplus item contains or has been previously used in connection with biological, chemical, radioactive or any hazardous materials in any way please have EH&S (Environmental Health & Safety) check the item(s) and approve the form BEFORE sending the form to Equipment Management. EH&S will issue a “green tag” which must be attached to the item. Facilities will not pick up freezers, refrigerators, cabinets, hoods, lab equipment or any item they deem has potential contamination from hazardous materials without a “green tag” approving safe removal. You can contact the Office of Environmental Health & Safety at (209) 228-7864. For further information, go to their website at http://ehs.ucmerced.edu.

Electronic Data

If your surplus item is a computer, copier or other item that may have a hard drive or memory, please have the IT Help Desk purge the data and attach a DPS to the item BEFORE sending it to surplus. You can contact the IT Help Desk by phone at 209.228.HELP (4357) or email helpdesk@ucmerced.edu. For further information, go to their website at http://it.ucmerced.edu/get-help​.

Inventory Items

If your surplus item is an inventory item or has an Asset/Property Tag, or has an original purchase value over $5,000, an Equipment Inventory Modification Request (EIMR)​ must be completed and attached to the Surplus Property Form.